Instructions for Your Surgery
Before Your Surgery
- No food or drink starting 8 hrs prior to your arrival time. This includes coffee. Your surgery will be rescheduled if you have any food or beverages within 8 hrs of your arrival time.
- Alcohol Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
- Smoking No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
- Clothing Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressing.
- Jewelry Leave all jewelry and valuables at home. Bring your glasses and hearing aids with you.
- Medications, take only those instructed with a small sip of water on the morning of surgery. DO NOT TAKE your diabetes medication the morning of surgery unless otherwise instructed.
You will receive a call from the surgery center staff a day prior to your surgery. They will confirm your arrival time, review your instructions, medications and health history, and answer any questions that you may have.
Day of Surgery
- Photo ID
- Insurance cards
- List of all current medications and allergies
- Pre-Registration forms were given to you at your surgeon’s office.
- Arrange a ride home. You must plan to have someone drive you home. If you plan to use taxi or other public transportation, make sure you have an adult to accompany you.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center at all times for children and dependent adults.
- Interpreter: If the patient doesn’t read, speak English an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 541.884.5559 as soon as possible.